The Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 is the successor to the Note 7. Apart from the beautiful designs on this phone, Xiaomi has made the Note 8 cameras a top notch. Having four rear cameras with which you can record slow motion videos with. Xiaomi phones have always provided good specs at reasonable prices. And the Note 8 is no exception. Lets take a look at the specs of this device.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Key Features
- 6.3 inch IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 aspect ratio (~ 409 ppi)
- Android 9.0 (Pie); MIUI 10
- Qualcomm SDM665 Snapdragon 665 (11 nm), Adreno 610
- Octa-core Processor (2.0GHz quad-core Kryo 260 Gold & 1.8GHz quad-core Kryo 260 Silver)
- 3GB RAM / 4GB RAM / 6 GB RAM
- 32GB / 64GB / 128GB Built-in Storage, up to 256GB memory card
- 48MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP Quad Rear Camera
- 13MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (rear-mounted)
- 4000 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
- Fast Battery Charging (18W)
DESIGN AND DISPLAY
For a low price, the Xiaomi Note 8 has a great design built to prevent daily wear and tear. Its glossy frame and rear back cover are designed to be very comfortable in hands.
Four cameras are located at the rear of this device. And for the fingerprint scanner, it is also located at the back. But this time, Xiaomi crops the fingerprint scanner more graciously making it a uni-body design with the rear. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 has body dimensions of 158.3 x 75.3 x 8.4 mm and it weighs 190 grams.
The front is wrapped with a large screen of 6.3 inches with an august resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 aspect ratio and 403 PPI density.
Additionally, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 flashes an IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen display which is protected by a corning gorilla glass 5.
CAMERA & BATTERY
One of the amazing features of this phone is its cameras. It comes with four cameras at the rear and a front facing camera. For the rear cameras, Xiaomi gives you a 48MP ultra high-resolution wide camera, an 8MP ultra-wide angle lens camera, a 2MP macro camera and a 2MP depth sensing camera. This quad camera can afford to satisfy all your needs for photography from a budget phone. The four cameras spots LED flash, HDR, panorama and they are capable of shooting 4k videos. For selfies, you’ll get a 13 MP camera. This front camera has HDR and can also take good quality videos.
The Redmi Notes have a legacy of durable battery life. And to this effect, the Note 8 comes with a non-removable 4000mAh battery. In optimal conditions, this can last for a day and half. For powering up, this phone comes with an 18W fast charger.
HARDWARE & SOFTWARE
Under the beautiful design of this smartphone is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 chipset based on an 11nm technology. And an octa-core processor clocked at 2.0GHz. This offers greater power efficiency and vastly improved AI performance over the Note 7.
For good gaming graphics, the Xiaomi Note 8 is blessed with an Adreno 610 GPU. And when it comes to storage, you have different variants to choose from – 32GB, 64GB and 128GB. This phone also gives you the option to expand its storage up to 256GB via an SD card.
For multitasking and heavy gaming, RAM sizes of 3GB, 4GB and 6GB are bound inside the phone depending on your variant of choice.
The Xiaomi Note 8 comes alive with the Android 9.0 (Pie) together with Xiaomi’s custom MIUI 10.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Price in Nigeria
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 starts at $190. In Nigeria, this costs about N70,000. This smartphone is available for purchase in leading online stores, across the country.
Where To Buy Xiaomi Redmi Note 8
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Full Specifications
- Technology: GSM / HSPA / LTE
- 2G band : HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G band: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G band: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 38(2600), 40(2300)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/11.5 Mbps, LTE-A
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.3 inches, 97.4 cm2 (~81.7% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~409 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Dimensions: 158.3 x 75.3 x 8.4 mm (6.23 x 2.96 x 0.33 in)
- Weight:190 g
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Build: Front/ Back Glass
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie); MIUI 10
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM665 Snapdragon 665 (11 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Card Slot Support: microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- Internal: 32GB / 64GB /128GB
- RAM: 3GB / 4GB / 6GB
- Quad: 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF
8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/4″, 1.12µm
2 MP, f/2.4, 1/5″, 1.75µm (dedicated macro camera)
2 MP, f/2.4, 1/5″, 1.75µm, depth sensor
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps, gyro-EIS
- Single: 13 MP, f/2.0, 1.12µm
- Features: HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected]
- Loudspeaker: Yes,
- 3.55mm Jack: Yes
- Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery
- Fast Battery Charging 18W
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Radio: FM radio
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Moonlight White
- Space Black
- Neptune Blue
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Messaging: SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- Wireless Charging: No
- Fast Charging: Yes
More From Wongacity
- Tecno Camon 12 Specs & Price
- Tecno Phantom 9: Full Specs And Price
- See Tecno Camon 11 Pro: Full Specs And Price
- How to Subscribe to MTN BetaTalk 30MB for N50
- Midnight Escape 3D: The Adventure Game
- Alibaba Founder To Workers: Have Sex 6 times in 6 days a week
- Netflix Games: Netflix To Announce Video Games At E3
- 45 Unbelievable Fun Facts About Space
- 5 Amazing Features You’ll Love In The Samsung S10
- Tecno Camon 11 – Full specs and price
- Princess Diana’s Armored 1987 Rolls-Royce Sold for N16.2 Million
- Facebook’s Cryptocurrency to Succeed Bitcoin
- Oppo Find X : This Smartphone is the Future